Crop 9:16 out of 16:9 (Youtube shorts out of panorama clips)

MLO2022

Hallo Team

I would like to create some youtube shorts, I have however only landscape format video.

Which setting should I use at best for this?

I don't want any block block, I just want to basically make only the slot visible (reduced) out of the landscape

like this one here

https://www.videoproc.com/images/vp-seo/make-horizontal-video-vertical.png

I want to move the video in the right position only and basically just ignore the sides (they can be cut off)

regards

MLO

PS: I asked this olready once, help was given me but the problem is then you have more and different sequences and then the CENTER of the vertical video moves, it gets cropped by export

• borate changed the title to Crop 9:16 out of 16:9 (Youtube shorts out of panorama clips)

Hi Borate

Thanks so much for the quick feedback. but when if the object is on the side and not in the middle?

And what if the position of this objects varies during the clip?

Let's say the first 10 seconds the speaker is on the left and then the next 20 seconds the speaker is on the right side.

How do I move the 9:16 crop frame?

How do I then export the video?  I noticed when I export it that it cuts ONLY the center frame, so it is a big challenge to position it right in the center of the screen?

Create a Position or Motion effect animation plot where the subject stays in the middle of the screen.  Export at 16:9, at 15fps (which may minimize jerkiness).  For more on animation see http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/effects_animating.html

Then import that clip.  Just as above, add the Zoom effect, using its 9:16 preset, then drag the box to center screen and export at 9:16.

Here's an example where, in the 16:9 original, the subject walks from screen left to right...but now he's centered in a 9:16 frame with no borders.