Volume for mp3s

Goofin

Hope this hasn't been asked before. Did a search but "volume batch" brings up to many to sift though lol. 

When I drop a mp3 into a vid the volume comes out way louder than any original mp4 levels. I'm getting a lot of complaints. So I have two questions.

Is there a setting to cut the import sound value in half for mp3s while leaving mp4s at their original level so I don't have to adjust the volume bar for every vid, I make tons of them every day? 

For my old vids which I still post on Twitter is it possible to batch convert them at 50 percent volume? Hope so, I have 1000s of them lol.

Here show you what I'm talking about see one of my Twitter accts. The ones with original sound are ok but the ones I've added mp3 songs are way too loud, they sound terrible on a cell phone. Both are cut using the same, default volume levels.

https://twitter.com/ViciousVideos
Warning it's called vicious for a reason, pretty hardcore. I have much softer accts but this in the one I add mp3 songs to the most.

Tks
Goofin

What version of Videopad is being used?  Try this one and see if the issue persists.  Ignore any virus warnings.

One method in VP...

Select all the overdriven mp3s, then click the FX icon on one of them.

Choose Amplify, make the change, and close the box.

Click on the FX of the clip that was changed and in the tool menu click the left FX button... image.png

The change that you made will be applied to all selected clips.

-0-

Wavepad can do batch conversion for mp3s.

Open the 3-lined Menu, then TOOLS | Batch Converter.  Add the files.

In step 2, click on ADD EFFECT.  Scroll down and choose Amplify.  Or try Normalize.  Then use the converted files in Videopad.

image.png

For more info on Wavepad, check into the forum.

Too loud?  Same procedure in Videopad as described above.

Select the files on the timeline, click FX to adjust amplify effect, click the image.png icon in the toolbar to apply to all.  (Icon art may be as above.)

No batching.  No need to reopen the effects window.  At the end of the video below note the verification that all selected clips reflect the new volume setting.