Adding Text overlay clears preview to checkerboard and loses focus on timeline.

PaulTT

Using version 10.34 Pro, under Windows 10 64 bit, I have loaded approx 200 slides into my preferred sequence in the timeline.  Now I want to add a Text Overlay to the bottom of each slide, with descriptive content.  I click on the target slide in the timeline, and a copy pops into the Preview area.  I then click Text and Text Overlay, and the timeline photos jump forward about 10 slides.  The Applied Effects window opens with Click to Add /Edit Text.  As soon as I do this, the Preview window changes to the checkerboard design.  I therefore cannot see the slide I am about to edit!
Does any other user get this happen to them?  Is there a setting I must set ?  Where is it?  or is it a bug?

Hi Paul,

It is normal that when you click the "Add/Edit Text" option you would get a checkerboard background on the 'Preview' window. You may move the Text Overlay editor pop-up so you can see the 'Preview Window' but you should also be able to see on your slide that you are trying to overlay the changes that you are inputting on the Text Overlay editor.

I know I can move the Text Overlay editor, but the problem is that the Timeline at the bottom jumps forward anything from 6 to 10 slides, so the slide being edited is off screen and I cannot see it!  I have to manually scroll back on the time line to show the actual slide!  Not just once, but this happens every time!

Update!  This is getting to be a very frustrating exercise!  I did log a support call with NCH, but no response, probably because I didn't pay for support!  And from the pinned post, they may not respond here?  So, do we have to pay  NCH for telling them that their product has a bug?  If that's the case, I want my money back and I'll go look for another product!

Not a happy camper at the moment!

Edited by PaulTT
Update!