Batch Processor crashing

jwc229

I have Wave Pad 3.05, running on Windows XP Pro SP2. Almost every time I try to batch process some mp3 files the processor crashes part way thru the list with an obscure errors like "Application has detected

an unknown problem" (from WinXP). I can then restart the batch processor from at the failure point

and usually it will go to completion. Sometimes, however, I have to restart it 2-3 times for a 10 song folded.

Given that my computer is pretty vanilla Windows I'm completely stumped. And annoyed.

Actually, if I'd realized (yeah...read the fine print) that NCH makes users pay to report apparent

bugs I'd have gone elsewhere with my money. :angry:

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

we dont make you pay to report bugs, in fact if you report bugs (that are reproduceable on our end) we usually give you software for free.

we'll take a look at this issue, DirectX is very finicky and can be unstable at times, lets all thank MS for that.

<_<

I am currently evaulating the Wavepad and is experiencing the same problem.

I have noticed that the batch process allways chrashes just before operating on a filname containing special charachters ()'!? and so on.

The problem do not appear right away, in my situation, first after 10 - 20 files.

I hope this can help in troubleshooting

/Visti