Audio is fading on a recording

Christa

I have been using Video Pad to record my podcast for more than a year, using a Samson 2QU mic.  All was well at first, then a few months in, the volume started being low and sounded like it was only coming from one speaker.  I could fix that with Amplify and Normalize.  But today, the recording started out fine, then the volume gradually dropped off until it was very faint.  I haven't change mics, settings, added effect during recording, changed hardware, recording location, or any of those things.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with the recording or with the mic. Here is a screenshot of the sound wave.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qq39r4t3vob2a3/sound.jpg?dl=0   Any suggestions?

Strange indeed.  Have you checked the Windows microphone settings?  Right-click, then click PROPERTIES.

image.png     image.png

Does the same thing occur when using Windows Voice Recorder to create a file?

Try a reinstall of Videopad.  Here's the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.