Clips disappearing

GCampbell

Hi, I'm new to videopad so sorry if this is a dumb question. My clips seem to disappear randomly when I make adjustments.  For example, I extend the length just a little bit and the entire thing disappears from the preview.  Or I adjust the scale a little and it disappears.  Oddly, I was adjusting the scale of a clip (an image), and at .84 it would disappear, but all other sizes it would reappear.

• borate changed the title to Clips disappearing

Very odd.  Nothing like that seen here or reported to the forum.

Install this release and report back, please.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the issue persists, try this...  Go to OPTIONS | ADVANCED tab and choose None(CPU only).  image.png

Please report back whether these measures succeeded.  List your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM.

I take that back, the sequence preview is not working properly. The video is not aligned with the audio. When I export, it is aligned, so it's something wrong with the preview. 

Videopad v.13.03

CPU: Ryzen 7, 8 core

GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GT 710

RAM: 32GB

ps- it was working before I updated. Also, some clips are appearing correctly in the preview, but others aren't.

Something isn't kosher here.  Let's see the project, so it can be analyzed.  Takes only minutes and can be private.  Just follow these four steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Here it is (the upload is probably still processing at the moment): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ma9sEJKIjvqqpM3jb12Dh-a4riBq2U5u?usp=share_link

I'm struggling with the clip "Sequence RX". which was not aligning with the audio and now is just showing up as a black screen.  

-0-0-

I tried creating a new project and starting over, with the same results. I import the "Sequence RX" clip into the timeline, and initially it looks fine. Then I import the other clip I'm working with, "FOTS concert" and the "Sequence RX" goes haywire. The audio no longer aligns, and the video just goes black after a few seconds. I'm just trying to make a simple edit between 2 clips, it shouldn't be this complicated.

-0-0-

I ended up uninstalling and redownloading the original version of videopad I had (v. 7.5). It's working now. The new problem is that one of my clips won't fade in unless the value is more than a second. So for example, if I want a .5 second fade in (which I do), I actually get no fade in.

The RX clip was blank on export, and out of sync when the project was built as you desribed.  Can't say why at this point, but there's something wrong with that file.  It's been reported.  Please leave your Google link up for a few days so the developers can access it.

Version 7.5 is ancient.  With the latest, try this...

Replace the Sequence RX file with the Produce.mp4 file attached here.  Right-click on the video below | Save Video As.

Once that's done, with your project on the timeline, right-click Sequence RX in the bin (top-left) and click on Replace Clip File.  Select Produce.mp4

Or follow the instructions in my Personal Message (click the mail folder at the top-right of this forum), where the bad file was replaced with the Produce.mp4 and other suggestions were incorporated. 

1.  Fades were added at the end of your clip and at the end of the project

2.  Music level during your on-cam was lowered and your track was amplified to 125%

3.  Video level increases were applied to all clips

Thanks for sharing your work.