No more hard drive space using WavePad!

Fuzzydog

Hello, I bought a license for WavePad recently as I've been really enjoying it. However today my computer started crashing a lot. When i checked I had no more hard drive space. When I checked AppData/Roaming/NCH Software/Wavepad is taking up "hundreds" of gigs of space! For example 4.aud is 147.9 GB just itself! The audio files I work with are fairly small. So not sure what is happening? Can I delete these files?

Please also try to clear the cache folder, you can find it on options under the disk tab. try that, access the cache folder using the windows explorer and clear all cache files. Retry to use the software and confirm how it goes. 

• 3 months later...

I have conquered this problem, but it involves your computer shop. Wavepad builds "trash" files that gradually occupy too much space. Movie files seem to build it more quickly. My computer shop uses a program whose icon is "WinDirStat". When run, it identifies all stored files - including some program files that should NOT be deleted. The technicians know which ones are which.l But my technicians built two folders on my desktop that lists only the junk files. With that, I can open each of the two folders and delete them without risking damaging my programs.

• 5 months later...