What microphones are best for wavepad for recording voice and acoustic guitar

FIG000

Hi,

Before I buy wavepad which is imminent, I realized that I would have to use it to record my voice and my acoustic guitar. I have some old mics I bought ten years ago but of course I can't tell if they will work well with wave pad. I plan to record my voice and my acoustic guitar which I use simultaneously for songs. So here are my questions:

1. Is it possible to record both voice and guitar with two separate microphones in wave pad or do I need to record one at a time because there aren't two separate  ports for both microphones?

2. What is the recommended microphone for voice and what is the recommended microphone for acoustic guitar to work with wave pad. I realize there may be more than one.

3, For the rest of the instruments I plan, for now, to use VST files which I found out about from an earlier post. Those would probably vsts for rhythm guitar, bass and drums.

4. Are there any problems or difficulties with the above setup (e.g. the vsts won't work with the recorded voice and guitar)?

Any advice would be appreciated. I am a newbie :-).

Neil

Will do and thanks. I didn't know that there was more than one NCH relatively cheap software like wavepad. However my microphone questions are still important. I don't know which ones to buy for either wavepad or mixpad. And I do plan to use VSTs for the "missing" instruments such as rhythm guitar, bass and drums. Does wavepad support VSTs?

Thanks,

Neil