VideoPad Clip Preview has very poor resolution when opening 1080p file from OBS Studio as a new project file

cizorbmam

Am able to review a 1920x1080 16:9 OBS file fine using Window Media Player or OBS Studio , but can not review the video in VideoPad Clip Preview at the same 1080p resolution.

How can I get a decent resolution in VideoPad Clip Preview when I first open the file as a new project for review and editing?

Thanks.

Share a file, and someone will take a look.  Here's how...

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Borate,

The original link to the video I previously emailed was an extremely large file and thus I removed the file for review.   

I am going to send you a link of a small demo OBS Studio file with shorter content, but using the same settings as all the other 1080p files that I am having issues with reviewing in the NCH VideoPad preview window.

Appreciate your help and hoping that if Lancelot's observation is true, that there is a work around to this. This seems like a basic requirement of being able to review/edit a video in the preview in the resolution it was captured in.

Thanks,

Cizorbmam

• 1 month later...

High resolution is available for the Sequence window.

Maximize it, then let the gray cache ribbon at the bottom complete.  Now move the cursor, and the preview window should switch to hi-res.

Alternatively, exit the maxed window and maximize it once again.

In the future hi-res may also be available for Clip preview.