Export Video with Format profile Level 4

GSDEN2022

Hello,

What settings do I need to use with VideoPad to get the edited video to export with the format profile level 4?  The current video is 1920x1080, 30 FPS.  I tried using the Preset HD 1080p.  Video Compressor: H264, Lossless Export: Off(Re-encode Video).  With these settings, I'm getting level 5.2

From MediaInfo: First video stream 2530 kb/s, 1920*1080, at 30 FPS, AVC (Main@5.2) (CABAC / 3 Ref Frames)

The reason I'm looking for level 4 is I'm trying to play the video on a Plex server and the video level needs to be level 4 or lower.

My current version of VideoPad is v11.73.

Thanks in advance for your help, Greg

Well, if you mean 4K! then you must first select export video at the top of the menu. When the box comes up, click on the format line at the top of the box and select YouTube 2160 (4K) If it is a 350vr video you are going to export! then you have to click for 360 Video. On frame rate: select Variable frame rate, most preferred Min 30fps Max 30fps. But you have to study this a bit yourself, there is a lot of reading material about this area, also if you use google search.

Try the AVI format - H264   image.png

If no joy, please share the project. The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Your VP version is dated.  Install the latest if possible.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

@ketil Thanks for your reply.  Being new to the video editing, I may not have explained what I'm trying to do very well.  I'm not trying to export as a 4K video.  I'm trying to set the level of the H.264 encoding to level 4. https://help.encoding.com/knowledge-base/article/do-you-have-any-information-on-h-264-levels/  Video Encoding: H.264 (level 4.0 or lower). I'm using the MediaInfo program to read the encoding level of the video. https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

I appreciate your reply.  One of my biggest struggles is trying to correctly explain what I'm trying to do.  Your feedback helps me understand what I need to work on with my writing.

@borate No joy with exporting video as avi with settings listed above.  I sent you a link to the project folder using MS OneDrive.  The video was taken with my iPhone.  The video is just a recording of a 7 segment LED displaying numbers 0 through 9 and a few letters being controlled by Arduino UNO.

It's been 6 months since my purchase of VP.  I'll go purchase the latest version and try again. 

Updated info...

The file is a MOV.  If when the project is loaded the file appears on the sequence timeline, remove it.

In the bin (top-left), right-click it, choose VIDEO EFFECTS and remove the rotation.  Right-click and CHANGE ASPECT RATIO to Letterbox/9:16.

It then should display vertically and can be dropped onto the timelime, where it should also display vertically.

Export at Letterbox/9:16.  Or choose the YouTube custom 9:16 profile... image.png

Mediainfo lists the export as format profile 4.  (Same as original.)

It fills the vertical frame, but is compressed horizontally owing to the original aspect ratio.  If you want it to be horizontal, apply ROTATION.  But that won't fill the frame.  ZOOM can, but content is lost.

Thanks Borate for reviewing my project and sending me the project back. You gave me an idea of what to look at with this video.  The video was recorded with an iPhone held in a way that caused the video to be recorded vertically and then different software corrects for this by rotating the video later for play back.  I think that is what is happening...? 

Just an update on what I've done: When I export from the project you sent back as mp4 @9:16 1080p, there are a few things different listed in the Mediainfo:

• Format profile: Main@L5.2
  • Format settings: CABAC / 3 Ref Frames

The format profile is being changed to Main@L5.2.  I need to read more on the format profile and understand what impacts that setting.

I even tried converting the orignal MOV file using Prism Plus to a mp4 before importing the video into VP (VideoPad).  The converted output mp4 file from Prism Plus has Mediainfo listed as 16:9, 1920*1080, High@L4, but when I import the converted mp4 into VP it shows 1080x1920 (9:16).  I took the exported video mp4 from Prism Plus imported to VP, rotated video 270 degrees, added to timeline and then exported that video from VP, the format profile is Main@L5.2, 1920*1080. 

Am I on the right track that video resolution is the key factor on VP setting the format profile setting?

Following the instructions above (without adjusting text width), this exportimage.png

results in this format profile for the 9:16 mp4...  image.png 

This assumes that you want the result to be vertical.  If not, export at 1920x1080p instead and don't change the text formatting.  The result is still "4" here.

Yes, resolution does appear to affect the format profile # but am not an expert on that.  You might test lower resolutions and frame rates.

Glad it worked out. 

If effects or changes are made to a bin clip original after it has been dropped into the sequence, the sequence clip won't reflect them.

And changes made to a clip on the sequence don't affect the original in the bin.

Most often, effects and other changes are applied to timeline sequence clips, leaving the original bin clip 'clean.'