Background change

maggythecat

I have seen many youtube tutorials.

But the source video always seems to be a person in front of a green or red background and then they add in the overlay so it fits perfectly.

What if I have just a person in a concert on a stage and I want to change that?

If I put an overlay will that allow to change background or is it not as simple?

I follow all the instructions but even still it seems the original video you're using needs to be basically a person under a one colour background otherwise it doesn't work.

Thanks for your amazing help guys

A chromakey (color key) simply removes a solid color (usually green) from an image, to be replaced by a background image that's on a lower track.

If the image has color that's near to or the same as the key color, it will be keyed out.   If the girl here wore green gloves, they too would be keyed.

Shot in front of a green screen, and placed on track 2...   Green-Screen-Actress-Sample.png

The Chromakey effect is applied, so the background image, on track 1, replaces the green...   VP_girl.png

Removing complex elements from a concert still shot may require masking.  Or perhaps sophisticated graphics software.  For work with still images check out Photopad.  For a more extensive explanation, look here.