Videopad Preview Doesn't Reflect Final Frames

anemoia

To preface; yes, I have the most recent version.

My problem is that I am currently cutting another video up to edit. When I slice the clips, all looks well in the preview whether it be minimized or maximized. The frame begins the scene I want. But then I spend hours exporting the video only to find that there are extra frames from the prior part of the video I cut and the project looks awful and poorly done. However, I can't see those frames in the preview because it's not sophisticated enough and therefore can't fix the problem. Obviously this makes using Videopad virtually impossible. Any help?

Despite having the most recent Windows version, install this one.

To analyze the issue we need to see it.  Please upload the project. 

Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I am not comfortable posting my project; it contains people I do not have the consent to share video of. I appreciate the suggestion for a different version and will try that when I can.

The problem is simply that when I export my video, there are flashes of the prior scene in the video I am cutting up that don't show in the editor. I guess I'm wondering if I can watch the preview in the quality it exports in?

Your project can be shared ONLY with me, via the Personal Messenger envelope link at the top-right of this forum.  Please upload it.

And do install the version linked above.

PV and export flow should be identical, but for resolution changes that can be specified on export.  The 'Auto Match' suggestion isn't always optimal.

Try to match the resolution of the bulk of the source files. image.png

Lower resolutions will deliver a faster export.