Transition `clicking`

maggythecat

Love this programme, but until a few weeks ago, transition would be flawless.

Now, no matter whether it's a split or two separate clips, the transition has a mini sound like click for half a second when it moves from one clip to the next.

It isn't a volume problem either as I Imake sure they are similar volumes.

Happens whether I'm doing it on a split of one video or joining two videos

The transition used to smoothly move the audio but now there's a click

Been into options and clicked transition audio and I've deleted the main cache folder in temps.

I never used to have it but it's ruining the transitions.

Can anybody help

Thanks

• borate changed the title to Transition `clicking`

Two things to try...

Install the current release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If that doesn't solve it, create very short dissolve transitions at the joins between clips.

Let us know if that did the deed.

Hi i don't want to upgrade lol as I already paid a/ and b/ it might be confusing a new interface and c/ I am quite well versed with current video pad.

Sometimes it transitions smoothly but sometimes i hear a mini pop or click.

Sound is all linked up nothing out of place

Fading in and out is normally good but if it's music, it ruins it if its a song. :)

A very short crossfade - .02 for example - shouldn't affect the music and won't be visible.

It's good to stick with what works and there's never a mandate to update. 

The latest can always be test driven, even if unlicensed, to see what's new.  The UI hasn't changed much.  Just retain your paid installer and registration.

What version are you using?  Share the popping project if possible, so the issue can be analyzed...

The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

The .02 was just a suggestion for eliminating the pops at a CUT.  Programming a longer trans - like the 'open doors' - will do the same.

Try the latest, to see if that fixes the issue.  And please submit your project for testing.  If there is an issue, it needs to be replicated.

What version of VP is being used?  Look at the left-bottom corner of the window.