Is there a way to add chapters to an MP4 created with Video pad, or will that only work with ISO files?

Robbo

Thanks for the comments. I thought that may be the case, but I did a search for chapters in MP4's on Google and it looks like some programs can add them. No idea how they work but I thought VideoPad may be able to handle it. If users don't know how to do it, I think it's a fair bet that it can't be done on VideoPad so I won't raise a support request. Thanks again

Here's info that should give you ideas.

But mediajf's suggestion may prove a better route.  An ISO file will open as a separate drive in Windows.

http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/finalise_dvdchapters.html

The VOB iso file can then be launched In a capable player and chapters chosen.  Here's an example via the right-click menu in the free MPC-BE.

image.png

If MPC-BE doesn't open automatically, listing the above options, launch it manually.  Click FILE|OPEN DVD and select the drive that contains the ISO.

Click SELECT FOLDER. 

image.png

Thanks for the confirmation. I tried creating a DVD file and it does work well, but I don't know that I could really make it available for download. What I've created is an instructional video that's intended to be seen on any device. I have an idea on how to make it workable on an MP4 so I will do that. 

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate your time.