Transition question

Richie1027

Hello.   New user with latest paid version of Video Pad.

I'm piecing together 2-4 seconds clips I videotaped.  I see the “X” transition between nearly all of the 30 clips I entered into the project.  One, however, has the transition time as 00.2 sec.

When I tried to increase the value to 1 or 2 seconds, it wouldn’t work; value too large.

If the clip I used is not from the same video file that it should dissolve into, what other problems might I be looking at?   I saw the forum issue where a clip cannot transition into the same clip it came from (or something like that).  Wondering if there are other rules to follow when using transitions.   
Thanks so much.   I didn’t realize this forum was available until I started google searches for help.

rich

Chances are that there is an unwanted fragment of a clip or a gap between the two clips.

If the content is on track 1, switch to Storyboard mode to easily spot it.  Right-click and Close Gap or Delete if it's an unwanted clip.

image.png

In Timeline mode, expand the sequence using the slider at the bottom-right, just above the Volume slider.  image.png

Then the fragment or gap should become visible and can be removed.