Accessing Video Effects (missing triangle)

badamsiosllc

I'm trying to speed up the video I'm editing, and I found this article:

Open the Video Effects submenu by clicking the small triangle on the Video Effects button on the toolbar of the Home tab

I cannot find that.

I expand the clip so I can get more granular to remove parts of the clip. I can't upload a picture. It's in the lower right corner above the volume control. I select a section of the clip and it takes forever to move in the preview.

There are several ways to launch the video effects window.  From the HOME tab, on the toolbar... image.png

Or click the FX icon in the clip, which may not display unless the timeline is expanded.

Specific classes of effects can also be accessed via the Menu  (upper-left)...  image.png

After the timeline has been expanded, drag the cursor.  The preview display should echo that movement.  If PV is sluggish, install the 64-bit version.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

• borate changed the title to Accessing Video Effects (missing triangle)