Converting CD audio files to MP3 files keeping the original file name

Foguenne

I use Wavepad to copy CDs that contain language courses.  The conversion is done from cda format to mp3 format.

I would like to keep the names of the files which are the numbers of the lessons.

Wavepad does a renumbering during conversion. So I have to rename the files one by one.

Is there a solution to keep the original name and only change the extension.

Thank you for tour assistance

Jean-Pierre

Effectively there is no problem if I convert one track at a time.

But the cds that I convert from cda to mp3 usually contain a hundred courses. Tracks are numbered from 1 .  Example: Track 1, Track 2, ..., Track 99. I need to maintain this order.

If I apply a prefix for the numerbering, Wavepad starts from zero. For example : Track 0, Track 1 …

In addition, Wavepad limits the number of tracks to be converted in a single pass.

What is the solution to have the tracks numbered from a given number ?

If Wavepad could maintain the track names as they are and only change the extension, it would be easy for me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 8:41 PM, Foguenne said:

Effectively there is no problem if I convert one track at a time.

But the cds that I convert from cda to mp3 usually contain a hundred courses. Tracks are numbered from 1 .  Example: Track 1, Track 2, ..., Track 99. I need to maintain this order.

If I apply a prefix for the numerbering, Wavepad starts from zero. For example : Track 0, Track 1 …

In addition, Wavepad limits the number of tracks to be converted in a single pass.

What is the solution to have the tracks numbered from a given number ?

If Wavepad could maintain the track names as they are and only change the extension, it would be easy for me.

Hi Foguenne! You may go to Options > General tab

From there you may set the Default File Name Format.