Overall sound level: music, speeches, effects, intros - all on one audio level ?

MLO2022

Hallo Team

How can I ensure a stable sound level in the entire clip ? Is there a function for it?

Or in other words, can I set a level upper limit?

I find it so horrible when sound effects, music, intros etc. are just out of the normal level of the clip.

How can I ensure that all sounds in my clip are on a more less same basis level?

Thanks a lot for any tips

• borate changed the title to Overall sound level: music, speeches, effects, intros - all on one audio level ?

In recent Videopad versions clips are normalized when imported.  However, this does not guarantee that they will all be at precisely the same.  Confirm that this box is checked under OPTIONS | MEDIA tab...  image.png

To 'normalize' is to adjust the volume so that the loudest peak is equal to (or a percentage of) the maximum signal that can be used in digital audio. Usually you normalize files to 100% as the last stage in production to make it the loudest possible without distortion. Another reason to normalize is to have multiple tracks sound equally loud, or to have equal average loudness.

Individual clips can be adjusted via the AMPLIFY effect.  And, though one would think that it won't affect an already normalized clip, applying the NORMALIZE effect may make a difference.

Other alternatives are mentioned late in this thread while some earlier info is out of date... 

https://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/25640-normalizing-multiple-clips-to-each-other/