Background music: amplify in speaking gaps or silent during speech?

MLO2022

Hallo Team

What is the better solution?

I have a clip with continues background music and here and there spoken words.

When ever the voice comes, the background music must silent up a bit, so that the voice can be better heard. 

I experimented both way, but what is the best way? still don´t know? What is your recommendation?

1. Have the music on 100% and wherever the speech comes, reduces it via sound effect (fade out and in) to 30%

2. Or have the background music on 30% over the whole clip and where ever there is a void in the speech amplify it to 100%?

How can I ensure a quite stable sound level in the entire clip ? Is there a function for it?

I find it so horrible when sound effects, music, intros etc. are just out of the normal level of the clip.

How can I ensure that all sounds in my clip are on a more less same basis level?

Thanks a lot for any tips

• borate changed the title to Background music: amplify in speaking gaps or silent during speech?

Lay down the music at a constant, normal level.

Then use the Ducker feature to dip it when there's speech on another track.  OPTIONS | AUDIO.  Adjustment takes experimentation.

Right-click the music track and choose image.png.

http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/effect_autoducking.html

Or manually split out the speech areas on the music track, then double-click the music track in those areas.  The waveform will appear in the preview window.

Plot a graph by dragging the blue line to create keyframes (represented by squares/dots).  Here, music dips, stays steady for a time, then returns to normal level.

image.png