Problems with exporting videos

kra

I am not sure what happened i just use videopad for simple editing but when I import and edit mp4, when I am done and want to export it no matter what container or compressor I choose all I get is file without any video...

It seems like when I import webm clip everything seems fine tho?

I have videopad professional v11.80

• borate changed the title to Problems with exporting videos

The file appears to be corrupt.  VP exports as if it contains only audio;  another editing program crashes.  Various viewers display no video.

The VPJ points to the wrong content, so it was ignored.

Try creating/capturing next time with different settings or software.  This file used the dash codec, which may be the problem.  Try h264 instead.

Interesting... so the problem is with the video? Isn't it strange that vp has no problems with importing and editing these videos and everything seems fine until I try to export them? But anyway big thanks. I guess i should have tried to figure out better way to download youtube videos than some random website long time ago...

Thanks a lot, one more question if you don't mind...

I assume this mp4 video I had was one of these dash files... so when I download a video mp4 or whatever, is there a way to tell if it is dash video or if I will be able to export it without trying and failing to export it?