Green Screen bleed through

brfisk3

I'm not a techy and I'm new to video editing. What I want to do in VideoPad is pretty simple and I've figured out most of it. I'm dropping in a video of myself talking and want to have my company logo in the background. I believe I adjusted the green screen settings correctly (it's a dark blue background instead of green) and the video plays correctly with the background however there's "bleed through". The colors of the logo show through my mouth and eyes. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I need to adjust? Thank you! - Brian

Have you instead tried Picture-In-Picture effect? 

In essence, you will place the logo on track 2, and scale/crop it if necessary  Add the Transparency effect if desired.

Snapshot - 1.png

Now, if you truly want your logo behind you, and employ chromakey (green screen), try the different settings in the drop-down menu.

image.png  Also, fiddle with the sliders, especially the threshold.  

Understandably, the color being keyed out must not be evident in other parts of the video or they too will vanish.

I appreciate the suggestion but picture in picture is not what I'm looking for. I want the logo to be background with me in front of it..... as though I'm standing in front of a big banner of my logo. 

It seems that green screen is the answer.... but I get that bleed through where you can see the logo in my eyes and mouth.

Adjust the sliders, as suggested.  Let's see the project, so it can be analyzed.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

If you're not already doing this...

To get the best color match, open the green screen effect, then click the mouse pointer (which becomes an eyedropper) in the area of the preview window that contains the to-be-keyed-out color.

Then try the different keying options, and tweak the sliders to refine the cutout.