Lossless export fails after splitting MKV clip

chfair

Hello all,

I had a video that was having stutter issues being up-scaled so I decided to try lossless export (of an MKV) and I spent perhaps 3 hours trying to get this functionality to work on my version 11.9. It will process the first 42 seconds of video but the first point where the video had been split and a section deleted with ripple it fails, I did read that video effects can cause problems so I removed the fade effect between all such transitions in the project but this did not fix anything. Also just to throw me off even more I had added an intro section to the video and it had no issue at all processing that and the start of the actual video. The NCH site for lossless export described options that do no exist in version 11.9, and I also found a help thread where a user was told not to use version 11.0x as it did not support lossless export but to go back to a 10.xx version. I am really hoping I am just overlooking something simple and that version 11.9 has the ability to export lossless.

I would be thrilled if someone had any suggestions for lossless export in this situation. The edit was extremely minimal just adding an intro, Outro, and removing sections of video with "Delete (ripple)".

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

Here are the limitations on Lossless.  What method was used to initiate that export?   This...   image.png or this...  image.png

Go to OPTIONS | MEDIA tab and in the Advanced section at the bottom, click on Default and choose None (CPU only).  Please report back if that succeeds.

If the issue persists, please share the project so it can be analyzed. The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Also install the latest releaseFor licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

The first method was used, I tried to find some other lossless wizard in my version and was unable to. I changed my settings to None (CPU only) then restarted and no change in export behavior. I am uploading the backup of the project but it will take most of the afternoon due to the size.

Thank you

Thanks for the help so far. I have updated to latest release 12.0 and still having the issue. I also tried the other method described above and still hit the same issue at the same spot. I have sent you a google drive link to the project backup.

-0-

Thank you for looking into this. I am a bit confused on why the point the split happens at can cause the issue, I would like to understand so I can try not to make the same mistake. My original project edit probably has 50 splits in it and all of the splits happen during active video to my knowledge (I will check). I might be asking the wrong questions, I am admittedly a novice at video editing.

• borate changed the title to Lossless export fails after splitting MKV clip
  • 2 weeks later...