reducing vocals doesn´t work!

Utznat

Hello,

I hope you can help me! I am trying to reduce the vocals from a track I copied to wave pad from a cd but it doesn´t work!

I click on "reduce vocals" but nothing happens at all, not even a message saying that the file isn´t compatible or anything like that.

Do you have any idea! Thanks in advance!!!

the ability of reduce vocals to work depends entirely on the production quality of the original track. we look for the vocals being equally present in the left and right channels, which is traditionally how tracks have been mastered in the past.

but not all tracks these days (e.g. top 40 music) are mastered like that, in which case reduce vocals won't really work in these specific cases.

I'm having the same problem. None of the tracks that I have tried has taken anything off. When I click the button - I'm not even sure anything happens. There needs to be some sort of pop-up letting you know that the program atleast attempted to take off the vocals.

It would be great if someone could tell me if there is suppose to be a pop-up because all the other "Special Effects" have things pop up. I just want to make sure this feature is even working.

Thanks

Edit: Is there a test file that I could find some where that would allow me to see this feature working? :) because I can't seem to find any file that will allow this feature to work.

what version of Wavepad are you using ? 3.05 ? If you're using that version and nothing ever happens, then I will try some tests myself and see what's going on.

Yes I'm using that version. I click "Reduce Vocals" and it doesnt act like anything even happend. If you can please look into this as soon as possible it would be great, because my boss wants something done by 1 PM eastern time, and I know it wont be fixed by then, but at least I'll be able to tell them why maybe and tell them that they didnt totally waste their money.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...