Adding an Audacity file to my video

NancySue

I'm filming a video, using a condenser mic.  When I listen to the sound in Audacity it is excellent with the volume on my speakers turned up about 2/3 full.  I have brought the Audacity file into VideoPad, and when I listen to it there, the quality is still fine but I have to turn the volume all the way up and it's still not quite loud enough.  I know I can increase the gain in VideoPad, but should that be necessary?  Is there something incompatible about the two softwares, or something else wrong?  Will it degrade the quality at all if I increase the gain?

Thank you!

Right-click the Windows speaker icon (in the tray at the bottom-right of the screen).   Open the Volume Mixer and confirm that the Videopad slider is at 100%.

If necessary, increasing the gain in VP should not degrade the file as long as it's not overdriven.

Share the Audacity file and we'll analyze it...

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."