Status Bar / Ribbons explanation please

WIZZARD

When you add something to the timeline a very thin green line appears. I believe this is a status bar / ribbon that indicates the clip has been buffered into VideoPadCache.

In the sequence preview window there is a status bar / ribbon that turns from blue to grey. I don't know what this means.

If I try to export before the bar is grey I will not get sound. I can sometimes wait for days for the blue to go grey before I can get a successful export. V11.08 Exporting 18Hrs. 4K/60fps

I believe it would be helpful, if a user tried to export a video before it was possible to do so, a prompt would appear telling them why. e.g. wait till the blue bar goes grey that tells when transcoding? is done AND/OR wait for the thin green line buffering? to be complete on all clips. AND/OR make it impossible to even try to do an export until Videopad is ready.

• borate changed the title to Status Bar / Ribbons explanation please

Preview play ahead of the green thumbnail cache line should be smooth.  When that completes, green is above all video clips but not image clips.

As for the ribbon under the preview window...

Blue color indicates the sequence is not cached.  Purple color indicates the sequence is cached as a result of mixing multiple tracks. You will not see purple cache if the sequence only has one track.  Gray color indicates the caching for full screen preview which is the sequence output in full screen size.

Often, it's not necessary to wait for caching to complete for successful export.  If audio isn't fully cached there should be a warning and the waveform won't appear.  And there are instances when the green line has completed, but audio is still processing.  A counter may appear on the clip in the bin.

But your mammoth project may act differently.  Try breaking it up - perhaps into three-hour chunks - exporting each, then assembling those clips for the final.

And use the 64-bit Videopad version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Thanks for the quick reply borate. I will try as you have suggested.

( But your mammoth project may act differently.  Try breaking it up - perhaps into three-hour chunks - exporting each, then assembling those clips for the final. )

Great thanks for the Status Bar / Ribbons explanation.

Thanks for the link for the 64-bit version. The 18Hr 4K/60fps file did finish using default 264 encoding bitrate mp4 file was just under 1TB and worked fine! V11.08 32bit on a 64bit machine. I just updated to V11.71 32 bit and the audio processing might take weeks. ( 3Mb/sec according to Process explorer ) I will abort the process and install the 64bit version.