Stop tools auto-popup

bikky

Is there anyway to stop the Cut/Start/End toolbox popup when click the cursor position on a video.  They're the biggest waste of time as there's already 3 buttons on the toolbar right next to the cursor, so you don't need a popup, which just gets in the way 99.8% of the time.

If you select a video clip, then in the preview window select a point on the timeline, the little toolbar pops up.  Invariably, this is in the way of other controls and I cannot stop myself automatically clicking the button I want, which then is overlaid by the silly popup and I click the wrong thing.

The pop up is pretty much out of the way in recent versions, and there's no way to suppress it.

When clicking the timeline for a bin clip ...  image.png

When clicking the timeline for a sequence clip... image.png

The L key will create an all-track split.

Two things you can do.  Reinstall (no need to download).  The pop up may then show up as horizontal.  This may take several installs, but they are quick.

Update to the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.