Compressing a sound file to email

kgogolewski

My audio file, 128 MB, will not load for an attachment for an email. I left it on for 9 hours yesterday, and it never finished. I orginally picked up the file from an audio conferencing service. After editing it, I saved it as 16 kHz, 16 bit, mono, which is the minimum kHz and bit to preserve the sound quality, but that took the file from a 7 MB file to 128 MB. I tried compressing the file in the Properties tab, but it only brought it down a nothc. I have done this before and did not have this problem. How do I compress the file and preserve the sound quality and keep the file small enough to load?

Thank you.

Kathe

I cannot email my audio file to my publisher because it takes over 9 hours to load. I used 11 kHz, 16 bits, with mono, which is the minimum kHz and bits that I can use and still maintain the sound quality I need. How do I compress my file so that it's about 7 MB and will load? The original file, before I did my cutting and pasting, was only 7 MB, but I haven't found a way to save the file after editing and keep it small.

Any advice? Sorry to be such an ignoramus about this.

Kathe G