Unable to move clips in the sequence

FreshLizard

Hi All,

I have now been struggling with this for hours, with a project due to get out, and cannot move any clips on the sequence of my video...either audio or video.

Thank you for all the suggestions here - none of them work. 

The bottom line is NCH software, while good at a few things and priced right, generally sucks for the most part. Different versions, files won't work across versions, bugs like crazy. I got a new computer and went to install the SIX programs that I bought from them, and then said the licenses were now out of date - after 6 months - and so now I would have to buy a new license if I wanted an update or just install the old versions. Adobe is a PITA but at least when you buy their stuff you can use it.

I'm done with this company once and for all.

You tacked onto a two-year old thread.  The causes and suggestions there may not apply to your issue.

What version is being used?  Explain more precisely what you are attempting.  If it's dragging clips, and they are snapping back, hold down <alt> while dragging.

As for licenses, updates are free for six-months from purchase date.  There's no mandate to update;  if what you bought is working well stick with it - or with any release within the six-month period.  Here's the download site. 

Newer releases can always be test driven and most features will be available for a trial period.  Or use the free version, which has some limitations from the outset.

If you make the effort to work with helpers here, problems can usually be fixed.  Sometimes, they are caused by unfamiliarity, at others by hardware conflicts (not every PC in the world will run every program perfectly) and yes, by bugs.  When a bug is confirmed it is quickly fixed.

Submit your project files here and we'll run the project.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.