11.53 video export help needed

ROUS

All,

I'm stumped and could sure use some help here.  I've been using various versions of VideoPad for the last three years.  My laptop died this week, forcing me to buy a new one (Windows 11 Home).  This required me to reload VP and I upgraded to 11.53 64bit at that time.  I successfully completed the project at hand with no real issues.

When starting my next little project, I now am no longer able to export to mp4.  Some screen message snippets are here:

Examples

Please let me know if you cannot see this linked file.

Basically, it doesn't really seem to be related to a specific project, but is universal.  Big job, small job--no difference.  I can take any little 5 second clip and attempt an export.  I either get a message that says 'pending' or just see zero progress.  It never gets off that message.  Clearing the disk cache makes no difference.  VP restarts and laptop reboots don't help.  The queue says that it's empty, but it's acting like there are processing running in the background that will not allow new work to progress.  Eventually, VP gets unresponsive, tells me about processes at work, and bombs out.  (Windows Task Manager doesn't make any VP running process evident, but I just might not recognize its name.)   I never saw this issue prior to 11.53.

Does anyone have any ideas here?  Seen this before?  Could there be some setting or parameter that might be causing this?  I cannot insure that my settings are exactly the same as they were before the laptop crash and 11.53 install.  

Thoughts?

John

Okay, 11.55 beta was installed and things started working again.  I built three small clips with no issues.  I then built a 7 minute mp4 clip and it worked just fine.  I'm still being pretty cautious, but so far, so good.  Thanks for the advice.

Drop back in if issues surface.  For protection, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

Now those old problems are back.  Constant hangs during exports.  Same messages and issues as before.

I may need to go backwards a version or two.  The earlier versions spoiled me I guess.

Not seeing that here nor has that issue been reported.  Try another PC if available.  Also go to OPTIONS | EDITING tab and in the Advance section at the bottom choose OFF (CPU only) to see if that has an effect.

Older versions are available here.  They should be licensed as you have recently purchased.

Please take a few minutes to share a project that hangs so folks can analyze it.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Borate, it's too early to declare victory, but that certainly did something.  I'd taken a little mental health break, but when I returned to the project, I made that video processor 'cpu only' change.  A video that refused to export did so quickly and was error-free.  

That was a nice feeling.  This problem has been pretty intermittent, so it's hard to say that it was the problem.  But, hey, it did work that time!  What is that setting?  Was the default setting looking for video hw that I don't seem to have?

Thanks again for the ideas and help.

That setting chooses whether the GPU is used - or not.  It's possible that your HW doesn't support the function.

Please state the stats for your PC:  Operating system, CPU, GPU, RAM, and upload a project that has failed.

This may help the developers pin down an elusive issue with some video adapters.

That's not to say it's YOUR issue, but keep us posted on status.  What version is being used now?

I've successfully exported five fairly-complex videos now with zero issues. Performance is back to where I experienced pre-change.

VP ver:  11.55

Here are my system stats and a system error log entry:

[System Summary]

Item    Value    
OS Name    Microsoft Windows 11 Home    
Version    10.0.22000 Build 22000    
Other OS Description     Not Available    
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation    
System Name    LAPTOP-IAVHQ901    
System Manufacturer    HP    
System Model    HP Laptop 15-dy2xxx    
System Type    x64-based PC    
System SKU    347U7UA#ABA    
Processor    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1125G4 @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)    
BIOS Version/Date    AMI F.21, 3/21/2022    
SMBIOS Version    3.3    
Embedded Controller Version    57.20    
BIOS Mode    UEFI    
BaseBoard Manufacturer    HP    
BaseBoard Product    87FE    
BaseBoard Version    57.20    
Platform Role    Mobile    
Secure Boot State    On    
PCR7 Configuration    Elevation Required to View    
Windows Directory    C:\windows    
System Directory    C:\windows\system32    
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1    
Locale    United States    
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.22000.527"    
User Name    LAPTOP-IAVHQ901\jtt12    
Time Zone    Central Daylight Time    
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB    
Total Physical Memory    7.65 GB    
Available Physical Memory    3.09 GB    
Total Virtual Memory    9.53 GB    
Available Virtual Memory    3.54 GB    
Page File Space    1.88 GB    
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys    
Kernel DMA Protection    On    
Virtualization-based security    Not enabled    
Device Encryption Support    Elevation Required to View    
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes    
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes    
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware    Yes    
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes

Name    Intel(R) UHD Graphics
PNP Device ID    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A78&SUBSYS_87FE103C&REV_01\3&11583659&2&10
Adapter Type    Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description    Intel(R) UHD Graphics
Adapter RAM    1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers    C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_9dbfad2c6843c394\igdumdim64.dll,C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_9dbfad2c6843c394\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_9dbfad2c6843c394\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_9dbfad2c6843c394\igd12umd64.dll
Driver Version    30.0.101.1029
INF File    oem309.inf (iTGLD_w10_DS section)
Color Planes    Not Available
Color Table Entries    4294967296
Resolution    1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel    32
Memory Address    0x2000000-0x2FFFFFF
Memory Address    0x0000-0xFFFFFFF
I/O Port    0x00004000-0x0000403F
IRQ Channel    IRQ 4294967273
Driver    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY\IIGD_DCH.INF_AMD64_9DBFAD2C6843C394\IGDKMDN64.SYS (30.0.101.1029, 29.75 MB (31,191,648 bytes), 5/8/2022 3:40 AM)

--------------------------------------

5/10/2022 1:47 PM    Application Hang    The program videopad.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 3768
 Start Time: 01d864735827155d
 Termination Time: 41
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad\videopad.exe
 Report Id: aa626c4b-2f5b-49fa-b432-8805c2c3e599
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
 Hang type: Unknown