Audio unlinked from video

cbreemer

Sometimes while editing, the audio in a mp4 accidentally gets unlinked from the video. I don't know why and how that happened, I never clicked on the 'Unlink from video' option and it does not seem to have a keyboard shortcut that I could accidentally have typed. It could be a bug for all I know. It's a pain in the bottom because I don't notice until audio and video get visibly out of sync, and by then it's hard to correct. Is there a way to prevent the audio from being unlinked ? It's something I absolutely never want to happen.

Perhaps you inadvertently clicked the link button on the clip thumbnail.  It's on the right here... image.png

To undo mistakes, step-by-step, press <ctrl-Z> or EDIT | UNDO from the menu bar.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.  Then you're protected, and can revert if need be.

About the only way that comes to mind to prevent accidental unlinking is to lock the track, but that also prevents editing.