Why is F7 stopping my recordings

Eric Loriaux

When I press the F7 key, my current recording is stopped, which is really a major annoyance because I work with a 3270 emulator (IBM mainframe) where this key is used very often. However, I disabled my shortcut keys even though F7 was not there... But that doesn't change my problem.

So it is perfectly well understood that F7 is a key used in Debut. What I want is to disable all keys. I thought the documentation stated that if Debut is not in the foreground CTRL+ function keys had to be used. I've disabled all hot keys, put despite Debut being put in the backgrount it is still interpreting F7. And this is NOT normal.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/7/2022 at 10:44 AM, n1x1 said:

Click Options->Hot-Keys and simply change/delete the key you do not need. 

Nope. that didn't fix the issue. I went into the settings and deleted the hot key, and it was still doing what I did NOT want it to do. I'm in a 3d social platform in build mode recording tutorials. F6 causes the avatar to be able to walk around in the 3d world but it also pauses my recording. It's annoying. So I disabled the hotkeys all together in the software, but for whatever reason, it still doing it. Please note, I am not paying for this and have not registered it. This should not be an issue though. So any other suggestions?

On 3/24/2022 at 11:46 AM, Eric Loriaux said:

When I press the F7 key, my current recording is stopped, which is really a major annoyance because I work with a 3270 emulator (IBM mainframe) where this key is used very often. However, I disabled my shortcut keys even though F7 was not there... But that doesn't change my problem.

I found the answer. This is for Debut Screen Recording Software Version v9.31 June 29 2023

In the menu bar at the top of the screen:
Tools > Other Options

In the Debut Options Window:
Hot Keys > select "Remove recording controls preset hotkeys (F4-F8)"

That totally fixed my issue as well. Hope this helps for you.