VideoPad creates "stop motion video"

Stripecat

Just "upgraded" to VideoPad 11.17. I created a video with me and my father talking about his life. The audio comes from a wave-file and sounds good. The video seems to change every 10 seconds or so. The original file from the camera plays fluidly in VLC. Help!!!

Are you exporting losslessly?   Did you test the linked version, above?

Please share the project privately and we'll take a look...

The process isn't difficult.  Just follow these steps, one-by-one...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste the link in a private message to me.  It won't be shared.  Click the envelope at the top-right of this forum.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

It's 8 GB. I can't get OneDrive to share it, so I will share it on a private server as a .zip-file. Please standby.

When I drag the red bar, the video moves somewhat. But when I play it, all it's totally still...

Thanks for sharing your file privately.  Use this version and there should be no issue.

For smooth preview play, allow the green line above the sequence thumbs to complete and audio to cache.  This can take a few minutes. 

Also suggest not loading MTS 2, as it's not used, and unlinking/deleting the disabled audio track.

An unneeded snippet of video at the end of track one causes a jump cut, so it can be deleted.

There is considerable dead space beyond the end of video.  To eliminate it, click the red cursor at the project's end. then click the blue bracket that pops up...

image.png

All those changes have been incorporated into a revised VPJ file that you can download from the link provided in the PM.  Double-click it to load the project.

I know this. This is because I stripped out a lot of the elements in order to rectify the problem. The MTS 2 should be in there in the finalized production. 

I downgraded to 10.96 as per your suggest, now it works. (jay!)

Your fixed file does NOT work with 11.17. I will stick with 10.96 until a newer version that fixes this problem is released. It's not a problem for me at this time and I'm happy to report I can now proceed!

• borate changed the title to VideoPad creates "stop motion video"

Noooooooo :) It's working now. I will try it as soon as it's released out of beta. I'm not in a hurry. The video will be on Youtube today, so I'm happy.