Multiple audio tracks not working?

R41

I'm trying to separate my mic and game audio so I can edit them separately in videopad but when I import my video I'm only getting one audio track instead of two even tho the properties show there are two audio tracks in my file.  I save all my OBS recordings as MKV and I'm still rather new to videopad.  I have it registered as well on the home version.  If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

• borate changed the title to Multiple audio tracks not working?

What version of Videopad is being used?  Let's take a look at that file.  Someone here will be glad to help.

Upload the file to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.

When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

VP isn't the problem;  there are two tracks and Videopad prompts for which to load.

But the first is silent - even in a media player.  Narration is on the second channel.  Create the MKV again, complete with game audio.

When it's added, chose channel 1, then drop the clip from the bin onto the timeline.

RE-import the same file, but this time chose channel 2, and OVERLAY it just below the other clip.

Now you have two channels mixed, and can control the volume, effects and muting of each independently.

Once you have a complete MKV file, upload it again here and someone will check it out.

image.png

Use this version.   If the stream dialog doesn't appear when the file is loaded right-click on the MKV file in the bin and Select Stream.

For another channel, either import the file again or right-click | COPY on the existing file, then right-click | PASTE CLIP.  Then select another stream.

MKV_stream.jpg

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.