Importing VOB files with preview version

k9zxo

I'm thinking about upgrading to the latest Videopad and have downloaded it. I have NOT registered it yet as I am not sure it is right for me. QUESTION: When I import a VOB file that I created (not copyrighted media), it arrives without audio. Is that because I have not registered the software - or is there a bug I should know about? Importing VOB files from my recorder is a deal-breaker.

Any advice is appreciated.

That issue should have nothing to do with registration.  Install the latest version, registered or not, to test.

What is your 'recorder' and how, exactly, are you transferring its content to Videopad?   Please share the recorder file that has audio.  It's easy, and can be done privately.

Just upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

I have a Funai VHS/DVD record deck.  And I did d-load the latest Videopad version.  I also am running Adobe Premier and it imports the same VOB files without error.  From the video bin in V-pad I "add new files" and point to the DVD VOB file. It imports the video fine, but silent audio.

Not comfortable using Google drives.

Did you first transfer the file from the Funai, resulting in a VOB that plays in a media player ... but won't play in Videopad?

No way to tell unless we can see that file.  If uncomfortable with Google Drive try MS OneDrive or another cloud service.  As mentioned, you can submit privately;  no one else will see the content.

Well, stop the presses (but thanks for taking your time to help). I just saw an earlier post about the same issue. The answer was to disable "Audio normalize" in the "media" tab of "options". I did that and all is well. Just as a test, I closed V-pad, re-opened it, re-enabled "normalize" and the VOB files come in silent again.  So, the issue is with normalizing the audio on import.  Can't thank you enough for the help and attention. Have a great day.