Sound stopped working

Sojourner

I was working with VideoPad and everything was fine. Then the next time I tried to play a clip or sequence the sound did not play. Now none of my clips, sequences, and audio files play sound from within VideoPad but they all play sound when using Windows Media Player.

In VideoPad I could see people's lips moving in the images and the Peak Level bar vibrated back and forth, but no sound came out of my speakers. I checked the Change Sound Volume box and Audio Effects-->Volume and it was at 100% and NOT muted.

I used Tools-->Options-->Audio to try all available Playback Devices, none worked. I closed VideoPad and restarted. That didn't help. I rebooted my system and that didn't help either. Any thoughts? Thanks

(Sigh). Yes, you nailed it. That was the problem. Somehow I foolishly assumed that since the Audio Effects volume slider was in the right place (all the way on), and the little speaker-icon box Change Volume slider was all the way at 100% that that meant my volume was on. Silly me, not understanding that there are three different controls for the same function (hearing sound) that all have to be in alignment. Anyway, thanks for solving my problem.