MTS files load but video and audio are out of sync

gtaus

I am new to Videopad, but not to video editing. I can take a raw .mts file and it runs fine in VLC, everything is in sync. When I load that same raw .mts file into Videopad, the audio track is delayed by about 3 seconds. I can manually unlink the audio track and realign the tracks to get them in sync, however, when I edit the file in Videopad, everything is out of sync again. I see this topic has been kicked around since at least 2015, but I don't see any solutions. Any help? Thanks.

What version of Videopad is being used there?

Sync issues mentioned in the past are diverse and many have been corrected.  Please share your file for analysis. 

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

To restore sync convert the file with this free utility, then load the result into VP.  It's a quick extra step but should take care of the problem.

I had just downloaded the latest version of Videopad from the internet. After attempting to edit other video files, I ran into the same sync problem. However, this morning, I decided to open Task Manager and then run Videopad. When I start up Videopad, it pegs out the CPU at 100% and it never backs down. So, at this point, I am thinking that I might not have a software problem, it might be my old computer hardware cannot run program.

Is there a utility or program option for Videopad that will examine my computer and see if it meets its specs?

For simple projects - few effects and not lengthy - Videopad runs well even on basic PCs.  What are your PC's specs:  RAM/GPU/CPU?

For more complex and length efforts, the 11.05 64-bit version is best.

Video editing is resource intensive;  here are suggestions...  https://www.promax.com/blog/what-specs-do-i-need-for-video-editing

With that version - 32-or 64-bit - MTS file sync seems spot on here.   Sharing your file is the best way to get help.  Just follow the instructions above.

RAM: 10.0 GB CPU: AMD A4-5300B with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.40 GHz

Using Free Version of Videopad v 11.03 64bit

OK, downloading v 11.05, will try that out first. I see my computer does not meet the specs on the link you sent. Thanks for the help.

22 hours ago, borate said:

The link specs are suggestions on video editing requirements.  Many lesser systems run VP just fine.

OK, the new Videopad v 11.05 appears to have fixed my audio/video sync problems. I was able to trim up my .mts file without losing sync on the audio track. I exported my project as a .mkv file and it appears to be working fine on my media player.

I loaded up a recorded movie from my OTA Digital TV Tuner and trimmed out the commercials. Everything appears to be in sync. I noticed that when I exported the file to .mkv format, my old computer took about 3:1 time to process, i.e. a 2 hour movie in .mts format took about 6 hours to export to .mkv format. But everything looks good after the export and I have nothing to complain about. 

Thank you for all your help. I am now going to start experimenting with Videopad and see how much I can with it. It looks like a great program with lots of potential.

Be sure it's the 64-bit release.

Lower resolution may be the most effective means to cut down on export time.  Quality and frames-per-second settings are worth a look.  Experiment.

If you'd like a comparison, make the effort to upload your movie project to a free server.  Indicate what MKV settings were used for export.  Someone will check.

The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.