Sequence clips with transparent background

kinosei

Hi

I have multiple pieces of a character I want to animate on VideoPad, the pieces are in PNG format with transparency. I started a new sequence so I can make a simple loop animation and add that multiple times to my main video sequence, saves a lot of work. However, when adding the animation loop sequence to the main one, the background is completely black, losing the transparency from the character pieces originally had.

Is there a way to avoid VideoPad adding a black background on the sequence?

I already tried putting a chroma-key like background (bright green or bright blue) on the animation sequence and using the Green Screen Effect to remove it on the clip inside the main sequence. It does the job, but not so flawless than it would be if I were just adding the pieces directly to the main sequence. It's possible to see some of the chroma-key background on some borders, which is not ideal. So I'd rather not need to use that.

Any ideas? Thanks.

What VP version is being used?  That process seems to be fine here - embedding a sequence two animated PNG image into sequence one.

Try the latest VP version.  Let's have a look, and someone will figure out what's going on.

Share your project.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Sorry, I forgot to add the version I am using. It's 10.96.

I was just creating the project to share and after adding the Motion Effect on it, it removed the black background and it turned transparent. I didn't use any effect besides the Green Screen Effect in my original project, my intention was not to move the sequence around the screen, so it was a bit misleading. But that actually solved the issue, which is very odd, but good haha.

Well, I won't be sharing the project here now as it is just solved. The way is to add the Motion, Position or Scale effect on the sequence and not changing anything on that. In any case, this is a wonderful feature, for organization and ease of work!

Thanks for the help!