Slow effect but voice should not be alienated

Thomas B

I have a recording of the Minister of Health in our country and I want to highlight sentences by rewinding them and then playing them slower so that the viewer pauses for a moment. But the voice should not then be alienated! Even if the voice is to be played back more slowly, it must still be possible to recognize who the voice is coming from. Is this possible? At the moment the voice is completely alienated in the process. 

e.g. I inserted a copy of a sentence sequence twice. The first copy is for the rewind effect with a rewind symbol on a new layer (reverse clipd and speed +500%). The second part is for the slow motion effect (speed -20%). Is this the correct method to proceed?

500 for the rewind seems right.  For the slow clip use 80% to get a 20% reduction in speed. Leave the "keep pitch unchanged" box checked.

image.png

Sorry my fault, it was a translating problem, that's why I accidentally unchecked the control box.

Another hint. This recording had the ts-format. I got the record from clean satellite source (dvb-s2). But when I open it in Videopad the video and audio track is not synchron. In windows media player the ts-file is synchron. I first have to convert this file into mp4 format in another video editor and when I load this new mp4 file in Videopad, video and audio track is also synchron. 

What version is being used?

Please upload the original ts file for inspection.  Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

The video track had a delay in minute 6 because the signal was worse at that point for a short moment, but still sufficient for the audio track. Maybe a bird or plane got between the satellite and the satellite dish. I was able to fix it by decoupling the audio track from the video track and cutting out a few hundred milliseconds from the video.

I use the current version 10.96, but I always get a 32 bit version for my R9 5900X on this site NCH Software Download.

• 4 weeks later...