Audio tracks amplitude on screen

cbreemer

Hmmmm, disappointing that there is still no option to zoom in on the wave forms, and that the biggest part of the lower screen seems to be exclusively reserved for the hugely oversized drag and drop area.

The Normalize option does not do anything for me. I don't know what 'normalizing' is supposed to do here, but I guess my input already has a normal level (it goes straight from the digital piano to USB). I don't want to increase the gain on the piano because then my recordings from now on will be much louder than the ones before ( I use only the external audio for the final video).

The Sync Audio option is no alternative. I actually need to edit the video track to be in sync with the external audio track. If I just need to sync them, one simple mouse drag is all it takes. This option seems quite superfluous to me, was it something that users have asked for ? If yes, could enlarging the WAV not also be considered ?

In the current release, after clicking the chevron at the far-left so it points downward, right-click in the space at the left of an audio track and EXPAND TRACK.

Drag the line between the A&V tracks up if you need more space. image.png

image.png

Recordings benefit from normalizing, which in general increases their audio level without overdriving.  If clips are already at optimal gain they won't be changed.  Annoyingly low volume is common on YouTube videos, forcing the listener to fiddle with their player controls.

If begun with a clean cache and image.png checked under OPTIONS | MEDIA, subsequent loads will be normalized.

SYNC AUDIO lines up tracks, provided both have identical audio, as shown in a video earlier in this thread.  But dragging certainly does the job.