Sustained ringing after PSTN disconnect

jagtec

Hi all,

I have an AXON system and use 2 SPA3000 to connect 2 PSTN lines, everything works great except when the PSTN line rings and the call is not answered and the PSTN caller hangs up the extensions just keep ringing, i come into the office in the morning and the SPA941's read like 350 missed calls. we dont get that many calls in a week.

Cheers,

Craig

Hi,

I've got sometimes the same problem, but only if I use groups for queueing incoming calls. Are your extensions directly assigned to the PSTN lines?

Regarding you SPA941, I use the same phone. What I found out is, if the phone is permanently ringing (by membership in a queueing group for example where the incoming caller waits for a couple of minutes or caused by the problem you mentioned above), then after a certain time, ringing stops and restarts after a moment again. This is the point, where the next incoming call is counted by the SPA941. (but there is only one call, which simply lasts very long)

This seems to be a behaviour which is specific to the SPA941: I also make softphones participate in the same group - they're continuously ringing without any breaks. (and so counting only 1 incoming call)

regards

:)

Tjareson