converting mp3 files to any file that i can play in my car

MACMAN1

please help me out. I have a mac and I converted .mp3 files to .aiff because I think that's the only format that can play in a car stereo. However, once I converted the .mp3s to .aiffs, and burned them onto a cd, my car stereo rejected the cd. Other burned cds that play in my car, are indeed .aiff files. What am I doning wrong? Thank you

What am I doning wrong? Thank you

Ok, you have a mac therefore you also have iTunes. You can create audio CDs directlry from iTunes w/o converting to an intermediate format. iTunes does all that for you. In fact I am doing it right now as I type this. If you have any questions about how to do this in iTunes, just type "burn CD" in the Q box. The mac will take you from there. :)

an alternative is converting mp3 to wave, and burning the wave files to cd

chances are you car stereo will only accept "audio cd" files with a .cda extension, and probably can't read aiff files (or wave files) at all, so make sure you burn the cd as "audio" and not "data".

it worked, thank you

Ok, you have a mac therefore you also have iTunes. You can create audio CDs directlry from iTunes w/o converting to an intermediate format. iTunes does all that for you. In fact I am doing it right now as I type this. If you have any questions about how to do this in iTunes, just type "burn CD" in the Q box. The mac will take you from there. :)