Export Filename Change in v10.48.

Russ Croucher

In the latest version 10.48, a change was made to the video export that used the filename of the project as the name of the export video by default.  A change was made now it uses the last name exported.  This might be wonderful for an actual human operator using the product but in my case I have many scripts which are now useless because they would change the project name knowing this would affect the output of the file.

I could change my scripts to output the export of the name into videopad however, this would require much more knowledge about the Windows export dialog screen.  I could do 10 forward tabs to get to the name before I create the name or 3 back tabs.  However, this locks me in to the format of the Windows dialog screen.

Let me explain in more detail.  I have a business of transferring videotapes and videopad is one of my workhorses.  I use videopad to load the file, image stabilize it, and write it out to different numbers in an automated procedure.  I have determined in life that computers do not make mistakes humans do.  So the more automation the better.  Computers are hundred percent right or hundred percent wrong.

My suggestion would be to have config check box somewhere that you could choose or some configuration in an INI file somewhere.  Anyone else have this problem?

As of right now I had to stick with 10.43 until I have a fix for the problem on my end.  This is not a bug with videopad.  Any suggestions of how I get around this?

I will make the suggestion in the support post.  I put it on here to see if anyone else has experienced a similar problem.  I don't consider it a bug but consider it an undesirable characteristic.  I will send the suggestion out tomorrow.  It's frustrating because this is been in beta for about a week and I have not had time to research it.

I will download it today and give it a try in the next 3 or 4 hours.  I will let you know today here.  Is there any way I can get signed up email when you update the beta version?  I would be willing to give it a whirl if I know it's been updated.

Can you give me the beta site link again I have lost it.

Thanks for the link.  Version 10.52 works great.  I have updated all systems at 10.52.

I would be more than happy to try to figure out some other ways I can use your fantastic software with my scripts in the future.  I will check it periodically.  However sometimes my system is not fast enough to notice problems.