When is -exit bug going to be fixed

Rob.Kinney

Does anyone have a date where the -exit parameter will be operational in Switch? It is important that we have a clean way of terminating the application on our server since right now there will be a bunch of the Switch.exe's running in the task manager.

For now, I am going to kill it manually using TerminateProcess(...); (C++). Is this going to result in some kind of memory problem since nothing is cleaning up the resources after the program does this a few thousand times?

Thanks,

Rob K

we cant commit to specific dates, the volatile nature of software development means anything could happen to delay the product beyond any given date.

if you want a rough ballpark figure, maybe a month, but i would emphasise that is a rough figure.

we cant commit to specific dates, the volatile nature of software development means anything could happen to delay the product beyond any given date.

if you want a rough ballpark figure, maybe a month, but i would emphasise that is a rough figure.

Ok, thank you for replying. I am doing this right now and I think it is working (haven't done final testing yet):

// to ensure that the window is closed down...

while(HWND switchWindow = FindWindowEx(NULL, NULL, NULL, "switch"))

{

SendMessage(switchWindow, WM_CLOSE, 0, 0);

}

Ok, thank you for replying. I am doing this right now and I think it is working (haven't done final testing yet):

// to ensure that the window is closed down...

while(HWND switchWindow = FindWindowEx(NULL, NULL, NULL, "switch"))

{

SendMessage(switchWindow, WM_CLOSE, 0, 0);

}

Ok, I got it working... in a rigged way. Not only do I have to use the code above, I have to kill application using the PSAPI stuff right below to ensure that it is shut down.

.... I just wish that the splash screen wouldn't come up every time my application shells out files to it. It is kindof distracting when its running on our server with other apps. (yes I have the hidden argument turned on, but I guess it is not ment to hide this as well .... although that would be logical).

Otherwise, it works great! Well done NCH! Can't wait for this bug fix and I will stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
do you want to be a beta tester when the next switch goes into beta phase ? if so, send me an email at ... and I will notify you when the time comes.

Can anyone say if the bug was ever fixed? It still shows the splash screen when you use the latest version...