Suddenly, I'm not the "owner" of snapshots saved from VideoPad

rlyons30707

I've been using VideoPad for many years now, and I have created a LOT of animated GIF's by saving an "image sequence" and then using my Animation Shop software to create the GIF. Suddenly, the animation software is telling me I'm not the "owner" and that I need "Administrator Privileges" to open the images. After extensive troubleshooting, I have determined they are being saved by VideoPad with the owner as "Everyone" and that I need the permission from "Everyone" in order to edit, change, or modify the images. Has anyone else ever seen this and how did you fix it? 

Sounds like an Animation Shop issue.  When launching that program, try a right-click | RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

If that doesn't work for you the next step might be to add Everyone to the Window permissions listing and give it full access.

Right-click on the Animation Shop .exe file
Click PROPERTIES
Click the SECURITY tab
Click the EDIT button
Click the ADD button
In the box, type "Everyone" (no quotes)
Click on OK
On the Full Control line in the permissions area click the Allow checkbox
Click OK and exit out

If no success you may want to check with the app maker's support.

Thank you VERY much for your help! It works now, and although your suggestions didn't work, YOU were the one who steered me into the right area. One of the properties of the Animation software was a checkbox that said "Always run as Administrator". It was unchecked, so I checked it and now it works fine. Thanks again!