Conexant SoftK56 Modem(M)

I have been trying to record Skype calls with a variety of software all with the same result of a disruptive echo. So, I thought I'd give up and try recording from a regular phone to PC using TRX Recorder.

The modem list said Conexant is generally good, but my Conexant SoftK56 Modem(M) does not seem to be compliant. Anyone know if I'm toast with this modem? If I replace it, the list seemed to have issues with all the modems. What are a couple of popular modems that work well with TRX Recorder?

Buy the way, I also tried a RadioShack Recording Control ("Smart" Phone Recording Control" 43-2208) that I thought would plug into the Mic port - but doesn't seem to do anything as far as recording calls.

Any suggestions appreciated - thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest trying723
I have been trying to record Skype calls with a variety of software all with the same result of a disruptive echo.  So, I thought I'd give up and try recording from a regular phone to PC using TRX Recorder. 

The modem list said Conexant is generally good, but my Conexant SoftK56 Modem(M) does not seem to be compliant.  Anyone know if I'm toast with this modem?  If I replace it, the list seemed to have issues with all the modems.  What are a couple of popular modems that work well with TRX Recorder?

Buy the way, I also tried a RadioShack Recording Control ("Smart" Phone Recording Control" 43-2208) that I thought would plug into the Mic port - but doesn't seem to do anything as far as recording calls.

• 3 weeks later...

HI...

I am not technically savvy but, for what it is worth, I have been having problems with the same modem as well. Computer keeps saying it does not have proper drivers installed ... so I went to esupport.sony.com and did what I thought was right and downloaded the driver for this modem. Computer said same thing. I then went into Help and Support for WIN XP and queried for telephony and modem and 'plug and play' and others (I told you I was not computer literate!) and did not get anywhere.

I am sorry I can not be more helpful but, if I get any where, I will let you know. I have a Sony GRX520 laptop that generally works well.

Thanks, LS

• 1 month later...
Guest mlara
I have been trying to record Skype calls with a variety of software all with the same result of a disruptive echo.  So, I thought I'd give up and try recording from a regular phone to PC using TRX Recorder. 

The modem list said Conexant is generally good, but my Conexant SoftK56 Modem(M) does not seem to be compliant.  Anyone know if I'm toast with this modem?  If I replace it, the list seemed to have issues with all the modems.  What are a couple of popular modems that work well with TRX Recorder?

I am trying to record phone conversations on my G4 iBook. I just bought the Multi-Phone Recording Control #43-2208, from Radio Shack, connected to my USB iMic, using Sound Studio, but the sound from the phone is not recorded. The external mic does pick up the noise, but it's too far away.

I'd like to have a direct connection, to pick up better quality sound. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.