Increase Canvas

hankster

Just started using PhotoPad but I can't find a way to increase the canvas size.

I am using PhotoPad to create spherical panographs but I need to final canvas to be a certain size. Example is the original panograph is 10000p x 3750p. I want the final size to be 10000p x 5000p but I don't want to resize the actual photo, just add a 1250p blank area above the photo. Most to the time this is just sky so it is easy to fill that in with fake sky.

So, what's the trick to increase the canvas size without needing to resize the photo? Thanks!

Open PhotoPad > Open your picture > click Menu > File > New > set the canvas size you need > click OK > at the bottom, you should see your two projects, the picture you loaded and the blank project > go back to the picture project > select it (Ctrl A) to select all > hit Ctrl C to copy > go to the blank project > Ctrl V to paste > click and drag the image to the position you need.

• 2 years later...

thanks hankster for the question that I have been trying to solve and of course elk for solving the puzzle. if that's the way these guys want it. OK, but is it clunky?(yes) still, it works, Dan-jher

OK, I tried it, works, sort of but it showcases an underlying problem that I thought had been fixed with this new method. That is, there is space for two windows, but when I try to, for eg, call up two photos and try to merge, it appears to work ,but then a line appears under the 1st, and won't let me merge. I can move the pic back a forth and adjust the 1st to give more room, although I have the size of Greenland, it appears. But as soon as I let go, the pic snaps back to where it was previously, and my 2nd pic is again out in the wild. Guesses?