My videopad file isn't actually opening

ConorTRE

Hi! I had a big project i had to edit but when i clicked open on the project is says this "The file provided is not a valid VideoPad project file" I opened it in notepad and it displayed the code of the project. But when i tryed to open it, it still gave me the error! And i copied it to my C Drive but when i opened it, it said "Open Autosave?" i clicked it but the title was Untitled.vpj and no clips were showing up so clearly there is something in the file but it can't be accesed? Please help me!

Autosave is usually available after a crash.  And after any edit changes have been made, VP should prompt to save when it's closed.  Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Never move or delete source files until the project is complete.

Look for the autosaved file in C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\VideoPad.  Search the PC for other VPJ files.

To help sleuth out what's going on with your VPJ, let someone here take a look at the project.  Go to the (hopefully single) folder that contains all the source files and the VPJ, zip its contents and upload to a free server.  Get a shareable (public) link, copy the link and post it here or to me in a Private Message (click the envelope at the top-right of this forum).  If using Google Drive, be sure to make it "anyone with link can view" and not "restricted."