I'm a moron...please help

TuscaroraWarrior

Hi folks. I'm trying to reduce the size of a Wav audio file. Can WavePad perform this function, or did I read the ad wrong? The file is 74.4KB, and I want to reduce it's size, to 40KB. I've tried using the trim feature...it makes the file shorter...but also much larger. For example...the 74.4KB file, plays for 7 secs. I trimmed the time down to 4 secs...and it made the file grow in size, from 74.4KB, to 406KB. All I want to do, is reduce the size of the file, to 40KB...can this be done...or, am I dreaming? Sorry for being so stupid...but any help, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks. I'm trying to reduce the size of a Wav audio file. Can WavePad perform this function, or did I read the ad wrong? The file is 74.4KB, and I want to reduce it's size, to 40KB. I've tried using the trim feature...it makes the file shorter...but also much larger. For example...the 74.4KB file, plays for 7 secs. I trimmed the time down to 4 secs...and it made the file grow in size, from 74.4KB, to 406KB. All I want to do, is reduce the size of the file, to 40KB...can this be done...or, am I dreaming? Sorry for being so stupid...but any help, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Brian

The only way to make a wave file smaller is to reduce its resolution and therefore quality. Try saving it as 8KBsec, 8-bit, mono, or use the best resolution you can, that makes the file small enough for you.

Mick Berg.

• 3 weeks later...
The only way to make a wave file smaller is to reduce its resolution and therefore quality. Try saving it as 8KBsec, 8-bit, mono, or use the best resolution you can, that makes the file small enough for you.

Mick Berg.

I am new to this but I think I did what you want by using "Switch." This is another NCH program. I converted an WMP file to an mp3 file. It was much smaller.