Vixen

Another version to test on your very capable machine.  You don't have to register it to test whether it produces sound.

Of course, check the 'speaker' icon at right of the Windows taskbar to be certain that the VP volume hasn't been turned down or muted...

image.png   Right-click and OPEN VOLUME MIXER

And you did try the file removal suggestions in the earlier post?  Do you have another machine that can be used for a test?

Hello,

I've already tried the version you've give me in your post :s.

I've got sound no worry for me, as I say before, le sound of the video is good from 0:00:00 to 0:00:10sec and after blank.

I don't understand because before the update VP was fully fonctionable.

I try to remove all the files, and reboot many times my computer but still go nothing :s. No other machine to test because not enough power to do that...

Thanks

Share the project that is doing this. 

Share your project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hello again,

So I make some test, a lots of test... I found some older version online such as 4.40, 4.58, 5.20 etc etc... to 10.04

I start to install, 4.40 to 8.20 in english, no sound problem

Since the 5.20 in french version, the downloader try to get the 10.28 version which is corrupted or doesn't work on my computer. Same on 6.30, 7.00, 8.20 in french only.

But in english it's working from 4.40 -> 8.20. After that, all video files sound don't edit after 10 sec...

Share the project.  Or upload a few files that do this...

Use a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  Using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

• 2 weeks later...

Joel S wrote:  All along there has been an audio track being created but I have never seen a waveform at such a reduced miniscule level.  What I was seeing as a flat line was truly an audio waveform but it was so reduced in amplitude as created by the processing (at least on my laptop) of the embedded audio that it was constantly appearing as if there was no track being created.

Try this...

1.       Open VideoPad Main Window -> Home tab -> Options -> Media Tab

2.       Confirm the checkbox “Automatically normalize audio volume of external audio/ video files” is checked.

3.       Uncheck this checkbox.

4.       Clean the VideoPad cache under OPTIONS | DISK tab (to delete low volume sound cache).

5.       Restart VideoPad.  Add file.  Wait for sound cache process end and add file on the timeline..

Why this occurs on a relatively few mp4s is still a mystery (at least to me), and it's being investigated.

Hello Maxence and Borate.

I am sorry to hear that Maxence is having the same problems I was having except he is dealing with French version numbers. It would seem like it doesn't really make a difference what version Maxence or I am running as long as we can get proper sound files for each .MP4 that we create.  I am so grateful to Borate that he brought me down the path of using an older version in order to find a version that works.  It seems like a sad comment on the Development side that the sound is broken in the newer versions but I am not able to do anything else about it except report it as I have done.  I am sorry that Maxence has had licensing problems when he has gone back and forth between versions.  I have to again say thank you to Borate since every day I am using my Debut to create .MP4 files and it is so reassuring to know that I have a solid way to create the proper sound file.  It makes such a difference in the work I am doing.

Finally, Maxence, I know it may seem like a bit of travail but if you can prepare an example file for Borate to analyze, it might be a big help to you.  If your file can be downloaded by Borate for analysis, it may make a difference in troubleshooting your problem.  I am sorry I do not have any real solution except to go back to a version that works properly.

Following the steps in my last post should solve the issue for any version.  Your file plays correctly now, after unchecking the "“Automatically normalize audio volume of external audio/ video files" box in OPTIONS | MEDIA tab.

image.png   As shown in version 10.43

Maxence's issue may be different, but no file has be submitted for testing.

• 2 months later...