Exported video is choppy but fine in preview?

Iratorum

Hi I've just purchased Videopad as I was very impressed with the free trial and its ease of use, where I exported a video in the free trial and it worked fine. I have tried multiple different frame rates, bitrates, resolutions, and all of them have been incredibly choppy in the export. I've even tried on a different machine with higher specs and it's the same result and now I'm at a loss.

I've seen few previous threads on this but the one I did see I saw that you would like to see the project file itself, so I will get that link ready for when Support has replied to this thread. If there's anything else you need please let me know? 

The video I used was downloaded at 1920x1080 at 60fps as it's a clip from twitch.
There are a few cross fade transitions throughout the video but nothing excessive that wasn't in the previously exported video from the free trial.

A bit upsetting that everything worked fine in the free trial and using almost identical clips/set-ups once I have purchased the software I am now running into problems.

Any help? Thanks

You didn't mention what version # of VP is being used.  Install the latest 64-bit release, which should cost you nothing as upgrades are free for six-months from purchase date.

If that doesn't solve the issue, just follow these simple steps to share your project with other users here.

Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2021 at 1:24 AM, Iratorum said:

Can confirm the issue for me was the video compressor when I was exporting in "Default Quality/ Filesize". It was set to H264 but when I changed to H265 it solved my choppy exports.

Is this somewhere in videopad? Default Quality/Filesize? I am uploading a 1920x1080p video into videopad just like previous 2yrs. Now that I have upgraded version. On output video is now choppy?  I looked at the crazy steps above however the easiest seems to be 'Default Quality/Filesize'. Where is this located?

Thank you

P.S. I found where you can change the size, it's on the Export Window with other options. Will let you know if change made a difference.

For the developers, would appreciate it if either of you folks - Iratorum and team2win - would share a project with us, per the easy steps below.  It can be private.

Also, please mention the vendor and model of the GPU on your PC, and the Videopad version used when H264 fails.

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.